Burgau Property Profile
The most popular Burgau properties for expats are villas and rural properties with coastal views, but there are some apartments popular for shorter term summer rentals. In the village itself you’ll find charming white washed houses off narrow streets leading down to the beach. Burgau has undergone some controlled development which has increased the number of new properties in the area, many of them used as holiday homes. Most international buyers will be looking for properties with coastal views, but it is possible to find some impressive Burgau villas set back in the surrounding countryside.
Lifestyle and Leisure in Burgau
While the beach is the main attraction in Burgau, the area is a popular destination for walking; walkers love to explore the cliff top paths and trails leading off to neighbouring Salema, The nearby national park provides stunning views and plenty of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors. The village is very small, but surprisingly it does have a thriving nightlife, particularly during long summer nights, with plenty of choice for al fresco eating and drinking. Burgau is a peaceful and friendly place with tradition and charm that appeals to many expats.
Burgau Transport Links
Burgau has excellent transport links; it is just an hour by car from Faro’s’ international airport and ten minutes from Lagos.
Top Reasons to Buy or Invest in Burgau Property
- The peaceful and unspoiled atmosphere is the best reason to invest in Burgau real estate.
- The area is ideal for anyone looking for a holiday home away from the main resorts.
- There are good investment opportunities in letting out newer apartments.
- Development remains well regulated in Portugal, so there is little risk of Burgau becoming overdeveloped in the future.
- Families looking to make a permanent move to a property in Burgau have the added advantage of an international school in the area.